View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #18
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
I just want to bring up that having "850 RWHP" from twins vs having it from a whipple, Maggie, or Kenne Bell is a big difference in "capability at the track"

Going to the track requires power at RPMs other then where the Maximum RWHP happens at.

For the same maximum RWHP the whipple, etc will have a more levelized (and higher torque across most of the RPM band)

This happens since the twins and pro chargers torque rises mostly at the higher RPM level whereas the whipple etc starts high and goes down some towards the higher RPMs

Thus a 850 RWHP whipple will generally have a higher capability (mph at minimum)
I have to respectfully disagree. From my limited, but hungry, experience, I've seen turbo cars trap, in general, notably higher speeds than blower cars, with comparable RWHP "ratings." Yes, it's all where the torque gets delivered. Peak rating is just that - it doesn't tell you where you're going to experience the benefit.

It is sure fun as hell to smack talk HP, but how it's delivered is key. Speaking plot keys:
___Ted (xxxwhp,884ftlbs) = forged 416cid, eForce, N2O [dyno cut short for some reason]
___Ray (804,804)= stock 376cid, twin turbo
___Garth (839,864) = forged 376cid, Magnuson, N2O
___Hubbard (762,706)= stock 376cid, centrifugal
___Kyle (631,638) = stock 376cid, SLP
___Allen (692,774) = stock 376cid, N2O

It is so interesting to see how and where the torque and power are delivered with each mod (on the dyno). But, at the track, HP ain't the king.

Sorry, OP, for this off-topic tangent; dyno queens are neato. But more HP doesn't always win the race. How it's delivered is paramount. Remember, when you're running the quarter, you ain't puttering around at 2,000rpm; you're more likely between 4,500-7,000rpm, so, look at that range for your delivery. The most area under the curve (in that range) is most likely going to get you across the finish line first (provided you plant the power).

But, if you're just looking for a dyno queen, turbos will get your there easier...
Attached Images

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is online now   Reply With Quote