View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
My countdown is now 678

I had originally planned to be the first on the list to pre-order my Camaro and be camped out in their parking lot when it rolled off the truck. Sadly, logic and responsibility caught up with me last night. I have been doing some calculations and found that if I put the $500 a month that I was planning on saving for the camaro towards the additional $500 I'm already paying for my student loan, I could have the entire student loan paid off in August of 2009. Coincidentally, my insurance record will be completely wiped clean on August 19, 2009 (assuming I don't add anything more to it before then).

If I were to get the Camaro in February, I would not be finished paying off the loan until 2011 and I would be paying both the Camaro payments and loan payments until then. This is where the logic comes in, if I pay off the loan first, and then buy the Camaro, I suddenly have an extra $500 a month that I can put towards the car either in terms of double payments or modifications (more likely double payments).

I've downloaded Google's "Countdown to Anything" widget for my sidebar and put in August 20th as the date for buying my Camaro. But if I want any kind of a downpayment, I may need to wait a few months after that.

Now that you've all read my boring story, here's the question:

What is your countdown and why? How many of you are planning on driving your Camaro off the delivery truck, and how many are going to wait and watch your Camaro sit in the dealers lot until you feel like selling a lung and a kidney just so you won't have to wait any longer?
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote