View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 11:29 AM   #5
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I own a 5th gen 1LE and my other half owns a 6th gen 1LE.

Power- my 5th gen has always beaten things it shouldn't and now is full bolt on, no internal modifications. So power i say goes to my 5th gen hands down, even against her A10.

Brakes- 6th gen all day. Inital bite is way better. Pedal feel is way better.

Interior - total toss up. I dont have recaro seats. The 6th gen recaros are tight but its a good tight. They hold you. 5th gen seats are total road trip seats. 6th gen recaros hurt my back. Driving position I prefer the 5th gen. I feel lower in the car which I've always liked. Both cars are tall people friendly. Id say 5th gen is going to be a better seating position for track use. Im 6'1 and clear with a helmet. Id be surprised if I could do that in the 6th gen. 6th gen has apple car play and some nice infotainment things that the 5th gen doesn't.

Ride- the 6th gen mag ride is TIGHT and FIRM. That car is put together. 5th gen is tight as well but again thats where I can't exactly make a solid comparison. Her car is 100% stock. My car has 69k on it with some aftermarket bits. I have pfadt solid subframe bushings, pfadt trailing arms and toe links and a JPSS 32mm rear sway bar. I like a solid firm ride in a sports car. 5th gen is definitely a softer more comfortable ride.

What I like leaps and bounds over the 5th gen are steering feel and steering weight and the brake feel.

What I like over the 6th gen is the steering wheel itself and the seats. Love the recaro seats but they hurt my back. Passenger seat hurts my lower back and the driver seat hurts my upper back. No way I could take the 6th gen on a road trip for that reason.

Track car- 6th gen
Weekend Warrior-toss up
DD-5th gen

Last edited by CamaroDreams76; 12-23-2021 at 11:51 AM.
CamaroDreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote