View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #678
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Actually the argument isn't so much what the dealers should or shouldn't be allowed to charge as much as who's customer is it really? The dealer doesn't build the car or have to pay for the warranty etc. from that point of view it is GM/Dodge/Fords customer and they have done the research and positioned the car to appeal and sell to a certain segment.

As a Canadian I don't mean to poke the whole USA free market thing but the rest of the world just doesn't operate to the degree of the supply and demand theory that you guys do. There is a balance somewhere in there where everyone can be happy and from the manufacturers point of view they have already built in a ROI into the price of the car. Dealers are expected to make additional profit through service, parts sales, extra service by creating a relationship with the customer through good customer service.

But, what generally happens is dealers piss off customers and then start trying to jack up MSRP's to gain additional profit and put the customers brand loyalty in danger by jacking prices. It's just not as easy as supply and demand in regards to car sales as it is much more complicated then that.
Here is another guy that gets it. This supply and demand crap we've been fed in the USA is getting out of control. Many times it's used as an excuse to rape consumers. I believe it causes us to become the greedy society we are.

By the way I know I don't have to make the purchase at that price. That's beyond the point I was trying to make.

If you're a consumer and you're ok with dealers jacking up prices, in my opinion, you're insane.

Or you are one of those people that paid the "market adjusted price" and you're just trying to feel better about doing it.

Back to the topic at hand. Cars.

Last edited by Alain; 09-11-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote