View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
The 10" lower pulley is at the top end of LSA supercharger overdrive so the short answer is, nothing should be paired with the 10" (Both a 2.5/8.6 combo and 10" have about the same overdrive, 28% vs 25%). As far as belt size, I think the 70" would be best. And you'll need the LPE relocation bracket and 50mm idlers according to my sources...

This is kind of why I said what I said earlier about avoiding the 10" lower. Since the lowest overdrive upper is 18% and you want to stay below 35%-40% overdrive, you shouldn't pair it with anything over a 9.1" (18% also). But a 10", which comes in at about 25% overdrive, while no where near getting to the limits of the blower, also rules out adding an upper pulley to it (Maybe the rare 2.85" upper?) so you're kind of far away from the limits of the blower but you have no way to get closer. Again, the 2.5" + 8.6" or 9.1" is the way to go. And belt slip? You won't have any if you use the right belt and stick with a 2.55". Also, cost savings of just doing the lower? Well, nope probably not either because the 10" is going to require both 50mm idlers AND the LPE relocation bracket (Plus the bolt kit and ATI damper). Keep in mind those 50mm idlers are going to spin REALLY fast which means they'll wear really fast.

Now all that said, 10" is still a viable path and don't feel like you must go out and buy a combo and sell your 10". I know the Lower-Pulley-Only-Squad (LPOS) will show up and batter me but you can't argue against the facts of what I posted.

Kong Performance or Jokerz is definitely my recommendation for blower porting, though a lot of people claim to be able to do it in house, I've seen the most cars and biggest gains come from Kong. They've had LSA's in the 850 RWHP range which is hard to do on the stock blower, no matter the pulleys and cam. They've also had LS9s (Same engine just bigger blower for the most part) on the 910-950 RWHP range on BLOWER ONLY which is mind boggling.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote