View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 07:56 AM   #19
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Yes, if I remember correctly you go from 1 ounce to 4 ounces. The fluid doesn't turn to shit as fast and it just works better.
thanks, i've also been challenged with 2nd gear grind in my car since day 1 of owning it brand-new (along with GM & my dealer pretty much telling me to "deal with it" and "it's just cold, warm it up more". I also had the clutch pedal not 100% returning back to the "top" position too. I've been though literally EVERY fix you could think of. My last and final mod was the Tick Master Cylinder which finally fixed both issues for me (gear grinding & clutch pedal)...but then again all of the following changes were performed previously which makes me believe everything is finally working together greatly:

TSB PI0486C: Intermittent Clutch Pedal Low / Not fully Returning.
McLeod RST twin-disc clutch w/Monster release bearing sleeve on my slave cylinder
GTO reservoir
AMSOIL manual trans fluid
AMSOIL DOT 4 hydraulic fluid

i would also notice my clutch fluid would get VERY contaminated with normal driving and light spirited driving within a very short amount of time. Ever since i swapped out the stock master cylinder with the Tick replacement, my fluid now looks as-clean as it was changed on my last service (roughly 5k miles ago). i was starting to learn towards swapping to a built auto since this gremlin has been haunting me for 4+years. thankfully the car has been problem-free and i'm happy with my TR6060

just for added-protection i might look into that 4-ounce reservoir if i ever have returning clutch pedal problems

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote