View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Next up was a shifter. I knew from have a Mustang Cobra about 10 years prior that a good shifter really mad a difference. I couldn’t stand the big baseball feeling shifter knob that came from the factory. Even the wife agreed the shifter had to go. There weren’t a whole lot of options at the time. Hurst had just come out and so did MGW. I tried the Hurst first again because it was more like what a 1st Gen would have.

Well….I liked the feel of the round ball in my hand but I felt the shifter was a little too high IMO. It also shifted real clunky to me when you were just driving around town. Speed shift and it worked great but daily driving it wasn’t for me. Not only that but being early on in the release of the Hurst mine didn’t come with the dampening kit and the shifter just felt really loose an sloppy. Since then Hurst has addressed that issue.

So, about 2 weeks with the Hurst and out it came and in with the MGW with the Race knob. It was perfect for me. Great feel, great smooth shifts, spring loaded, and low to the console. The install was definitely a lot more involved but I only had to do it once.

More detailed thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=hurst
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 12-17-2012 at 10:15 AM.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote