View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
drnapski
Total Performance Racing

Drives: 2010GTS2011T22012TA32014Z282016SS
Thanks for all the comments on our 1LE Camaro project. I am not a frequent flyer on the forums, but I wanted to post a few comments to answer some of your questions. Most of our racing this year was in the Pirelli World Challenge Series with our other car, a 2010 SS/GTS Camaro. Our race team built this 1LE car in 30 days, starting with our 2011 SS in mid June of this year. For the record, GM did not give us this car. GM homogulated the 1LE track package with SCCA and Chevrolet Performance helped us locate the 1LE production parts. We had to build, test, and qualify the car for the National Championship Runoffs in a very short time period. I am extremely proud of our dedicated team and how hard they worked day and night to get this car ready. We fell short on our goal of winning the Championship, but earned a podium (3rd-place) and set the Touring-2 track record at Road America with the fastest lap during the race.

The 1LE track package is well documented everywhere. In addition, our exhaust is custom beyond the stock headers. We have a custom ECM tune by Backstreet Performance in Medina, OH. The tune is optimized with Sunoco 100 GTX fuel, with a rev limit of 6800. The 18" wheels are custom 3-piece race wheels by Jongbloed Racing Wheels, coming in at 18.75 pounds each. Tires are Hoosier A6 315's. Our required post-race weight with driver is 3700 lbs. We also replace the stock rear diff with a Torvec Iso-Torque racing differential.

During a recent media day with Chevrolet at Gingerman Raceway, I had the opportunity to drive the production 1LE on stock tires. I was expecting a ton of on-track understeer like my street 2010 SS. To my suprise, this was almost completely eliminated. The car responded very well to inputs and transitions with excellent turn in, very neutral at the apex, and just a hint of understeer on exit. The brakes are awesome when you consider the weight of the car. The ride and handling engineers put together an incredible package on this, especially when you consider the price of under 40K.

I hope this answers some of your questions. We hope to post more pictures soon. Thanks again for your interest.

Todd

Todd Napieralski
Total Performance Racing
www.tprteam.com
drnapski is offline   Reply With Quote