View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post
Pt,

Before the turbo was installed I had a K&N CAI before I had the turbo. The DRIVERS side valve cover was connected to the tubing of the CAI just before the MAF sensor. Just like the stock configuration...

Now that I have the turbo, the DRIVERS side valve cover is connected with 3/8" tubing to the STS switch valve. From the switch valve there is an outlet that is connected to the tubing of the intake in line with the MAF sensor (The color photo with the switch assembly shows it best).

There is no whistling comming from the engine and there is very little oil anywhere. Hope this gives you a better decription of the install. Any thoughts??
I'm sorry not drivers side, thats the fresh air bridge, I meant what was on the passenger side valve cover when you first put the sts on?

I'm not sure what that switch valve is, it looks like there is a hobb's switch connected to the switch valve, is that for the oil pump alert and to change pump power based on load?? There must be a check valve in the switch to prevent boost from entering the crankcase. The Pass side (or dirty side) needs to be under vacuum and it doesnt look like it is right now, not good for long term when boosted. Instead of a breather on the pass side you should run another catch can inline to the manifold. Whenever you can get extra hose you should run a line back to the turbo inlet and run a dual catch can so you can have vacuum on and off of boost. So I think you can keep you original catch can where it is but remove the breather and replace with another catch can.

There are other things that should be done too, and also to confirm what I said above, send pm to expert SC2150, he should be able to steer you in the right direciton!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote