View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #24
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Problem seems to be fixed. I'm not sure which of the 2 really fixed the problem, but here is what I did:

1) one of the "locking" nuts on the drivers side was loose. I tightened it back down again, but I noticed there was still some "play" in each of the two endlinks.

2) I legthened the passenger side endlink by 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch. This eliminated the "play" described in #1.

What I'm thinking is that because the two endlinks were installed at the same length, the sway bar was able to rotate about a 1/16" before the endlink was engaged (due to the miniscule amount of space between the bearings and the bolts), and that engagement was the "clunk" sound I was hearing. By lengthening one endlink to remove that free movement, the sway bar is always just slightly engaged and no longer is allowed to move freely.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote