View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Transplant!!

Next to come was an engine transplant. The car was purchased new only 30 minutes from my home in Winamac, Indiana. Knowing this from the Protecto Plate the car has, I was on a quest to locate the original 327 and 3 speed trans.
I found a gentleman by the name of Chuck Peterson. He owns, along with his wife Debbie, Chuck's Engines in Winamac. I spoke with him and told of my situation. He advised he wanted to see the car and the engine.
After making the trip to his shop, he recognized the car and the engine. He installed the DZ in the car many years ago. He advised my original 327 had "bit the dust". He asked what I would like to have done as the DZ was "tired" after all these years. He also told me he knew what z28 the motor belonged.
I told him the DZ did nothing for me and I wanted a 327/300 hp. He said he thought we could work a deal.
From there, Chuck and his son Charlie, put their feelers out and come up with the exact motor for me. They went completely through and rebuilt it to spec, along with the 441 heads.
It was awesome, along with the 4 speed and 4:10 rear end---and we both got what we wanted.....

Kurt ABL99...
Attached Images

Last edited by aquablueL99; 04-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote