View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 12:59 PM   #30
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Yeah I meant people in general. Lots of us here are fortunate enough to be able to afford these awesome cars (not just the ZL1 specifically) but many are still driving 20-30 year old cars as their only vehicle.

The oil/gas lobby is pretty big too.. but that might be crossing too far into politics.
Never really thought it about that. Very valid point, some people just getting by for whatever reason probably won't be able to afford electric anytime soon. To that point even used an electric vehicle would at some time need new batteries at the least. Don't think that cost would come down enough for those that currently drive the $free-$???? priced vehicles could afford. Think recently the cost was close to putting a new engine in a vehicle when needed. Excellent point sir!
If I remember right when the government did "cash for clunkers" it affected the cost of lower end vehicles. Some people complained couldn't find affordable vehicles. So I agree with out getting in to it politics can play a huge roll when it comes to autos.