View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Frid's Journal: '11 VR 2SS/RS LS3

My Build

Attention: All rights reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please contact me.

Thought now would be a good time to start a build thread seeing that a large majority of stuff that I have wanted to do with this car has been done. Still waiting on a few other things and have some other BIG stuff planned in the future as well. Rewind to December 2011. I was currently stationed overseas and with nothing to do after work I'd watch old videos of my buddies and their cars as well as other videos of drag racing, road racing, etc. I had owned a couple of other vehicles before the Camaro, but liked them nowhere as much as I love this car.
First car was a 2001 Cobra. Great car for what it was, but problems kept presenting themselves and I traded in for a 2010 Sierra Ext Cab SLE. I was wanting to go with the show truck look, but after time I got the itch for performance again. You might ask why I didn't get a Mustang again. Well, TBH some of it was peer pressure lol. I have a few friends with 4th gens and every time I had rode in their car, it just seemed much quicker then the 4.6 DOHC modular motor (01s aren't supercharged). Hanging with people with Camaros all of the time got me thinking about test driving the new 5th gen. Once I got in side and punched it on the highway, I fell in love haha. Plus they look much better then the mustangs IMO.
That leads to December 23, 2011. Was home on mid tour leave and took a trip to the dealer to see what I could do. After about 4 hours at the dealership, I was signing papers for my brand new 2011 2SS/RS. One of the happiest days of my life. Here are a few pics of my Cobra, Sierra, and of course the Camaro after it got to its new home

CURRENT MODS:

Performance:

-American Racing 1 7/8" LT headers with HF Cats and X-Pipe
-Borla ATAK axle-back
-C.A.I Inc. Intake
-Moroso Catch Can
-VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
-JRE Scoop
-Lethal Racing 'Night Fury' Cam
-Street Tune by Lethal Racing
-MGW Short Throw Shifter w/ Gripper Knob
-PFADT Trailing Arms
-PFADT Lowering Springs

Cosmetic:

-RPI Style Splitter
-Gloss Black Powder Coated OEM Wheels
-Anvil Spoiler
-GM Strut Tower Brace w/ TPiS Adapter
-VFN COPO Style Hood
-Heritage Grille
-Sparks Restoration SS (black and red) Emblems Front and Rear
-ACS Side Skirts
-Flat Black Trunk Blackout (soon to be gloss black)
-RPI Flat Black Tail Light Bezels (soon to be gloss black)
-Gen5DIY Quad Tip Diffuser with Tips
-Big Worm Graphix Smoked Tail Light Tint
-Flat Black Rally Stripes

FUTURE MODS:

-PAYING THE CAR OFF
-Forgestar CF10s Deep Concave 20x10/20x11, 275/40/20 - 315/35/20 Nitto Invos
-Painted Gloss Black Rally Stripes
-Oracle Ghosted Side Markers
-Engine Dressup Parts
-Mantic Clutch
-DSS 1000 Axels
-PFADT Tie Rods
-PFADT Sub Frame Bushings
-Some sort of F/I with Forged Rotating Assembly
Attached Images

Last edited by Frid; 04-25-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Frid is offline   Reply With Quote