View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #159
ecoswag1990

Drives: 2015 Mustang EB Performance Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
True . The differences are right about the weight of a full tank lol.

I don't get everyone going around claiming they know the weight of the car better than the people who built it ( ford ). And why in gods name would they want it to appear heavier?

A base 2015 mustang gt manual lightest possible option with a full tank of gas and all fluids topped off nothing taken out of the car is 3705 lbs. Curb weights mean full tank of gas/ fluids/ equipment.
And the manufacturers list the base car. It's always been this way.

Shipping weights, private owner ... Blah blah....any weight not reflecting fords is a result of scales being off, user error or fluids/ gas not full. Or it's just plain bullshit/ lie.

Never understood the obsession.

The 2015 mustang is a 3700 lb car stripped and over 3800 loaded. They need to accept it and move on. It's also painfully obvious with no strait line accel gains over last year with a 15 hp gain. They are actually slower from the research I've done.

I never once tried weighing my 2010 to try and prove otherwise/ lie to myself.
Some people lol
Thank you! I had a big argument with some unrealistic GT owners over on M6G and I brought up these exact same points and all the guys who bought base models and wanted to cite major weight savings as a benefit to not having any creature comforts jumped on my case
Ford Racing Catback
ecoswag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote