View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
There has been lots of speculation on trim levels and engines, but we have only had a sprinkling of guesses on hard performance numbers. Often it gets brought up as an aside. There isn't really a thread to bring all the stuff together. So, what sort of numbers do you think we will see with the Camaro? base V8, top dog, V6? 0-60, 1/4 mile, skidpad, slalom, 60-0, nurburgring time, and any others that you can think of. Some of these are going to be approximate at best. But I think we know enough to get a reasonable range.
I don't know enough about many of the engines to give a good answer... but looking at the G8 and the other Z-body cars then i'd have to say we're looking at the high .8 to low .9 on the pad i hope it is higher than that, but maybe not much higher... the gen 4 pulled a .90 i believe... the V6 should go to 60 in the low to mid 5 sec range. This is assuming it gets the CTS DI V6. The CTS went to 60 in 6.1 sec with this engine, but it is also a Sedan that is much larger than the camaro is going to be. this is probably all i can muster for now and it might be shot up, but just my speculation...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote