View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 07:37 AM   #31
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
The observations I made were similar to many others. My first TNT run, I waited 2 hours 15 minutes to make one run. Some classes started to qualify while I was in line so they basically shut down TNT when I got to the front of the line. The starter had all the qualifiers run and then disappeared into the staging area to pair up cars while the track was idle and empty. I seen an empty track plenty of times while people sat in staging. Many were not happy. Lanes need to be marked better part way down the staging area as well.

It would be good to have some blocks of time for Heads up Grudge/Callout Racing where it was easy to pair up with somebody you want to race in the staging area. The starters were not really facilitating this type of activity. Leaving gaps in line and having cars cutting in to match up didn't go over too well.

I am not a big fan of bracket racing so I did not participate in that. From what I gather I think people just want the ability to be matched up so they have a "Real Race". The classes need to be looked at and probably some rule changes made, mostly what I saw was the SMOD and UNLimited classes need some changes. For example my car fell into the Unlimited class because I had 17" wheels and I am not NA, now if I had 18" wheels I would have been in SMOD. I run mid 11s and the car that won UNL ran high 7s. Not that I would expect to win or place but the same thing happened to way to many people. I think we may need a full blown drag car class too, those older Camaros really did not fit in well racing with Modified 5th & 6th Gens.

I see index racing is being suggested, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, 13.0 etc. A format like that has pros & cons, what you will quickly find out is a 10.0 second car will run in the 11.0 second class and let off or brake at the end of the run.

I did have a good time but I do hope some things can be improved for next year.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote