View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Steve.....they have....a LONG time ago......a buddy of mine, who has his own shop has a STREET DRIVEN Camaro, in fact it drive it to mork most days, and as DOCUMENTED 9.82 1/4 miles times.....so much so his car had been profiled in GM High-Tech Performance!

Here is the mag/article: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._ss/index.html
Cool...

As I said earlier, it would have really surprised me if that 9's hadn't been accomplished yet.

Oh, and though I don't remember who it was that posted the thread that got pulled. I think it's awesome you've made a car that can do 9's...I was just a little skeptical the claim of breaking into the 9s and being the first "real street car" to do 9's. Plus, as I said earlier...I had no idea technically what a "real street car" is now.

In talking to various people, it's not even an official class....but it's also not "run what you brung" in the classic sense I know. Tires, for example, will need to be changed because there's no way you're doing 9's on any street legal tires. In fact, the whole "real street car" sounds subjective to me. For example, are these people keeping the car stereo in the car and blasting tunes going down the track? If I recall my rules to participate at the track, at some point you need roll bars/cage....can't remember what the time is that if you go faster you need to do this is...but I'm pretty sure 9's qualify, so if that's the case, how much interior modification is being done to get that put in?

Sounds very amorphous to me...In some ways, It sounds cool, but I guess I'm more interested in when a Camaro breaks into the 8's