View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
It was not that long ago that my Camaro was bone stock and I naively started down the road of mods...be aware that with every power mod there are consequences. At the 500rwhp you speak of there are a lot of consequences....fuel injectors, differential, suspension that may need upgraded. None of these things are cheap. The car is engineered with componets to run where it's at. My headers and exhaust were about 2500 installing them myself. My edelbrock e-force supercharger professionally installed with a custom dyno tuned (needed for saftey due to things like elimating the knock retard in the canned tune) and some royal puple in the tranny was 10K. Sitting at about 515rwhp. Now looking at differential replacement, clutch/flywheel to handle the the torque, suspension upgrades to to handle the power. Also consider the block specs...you go too far and you may distort or damage the block. There is a reason why Hennessey swaps out of the LS3 once they go past 650 hp at the flywheel. All I'm saying is...if you start down this road it keeps on going and you can easily sink another 20K into this car to be bullet proof at 500 rwhp....on a lighter note, the power and sound is awesome!! haha!

Last edited by S-eatin-grin; 12-07-2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typo
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote