View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #28
INTENSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I'm equally frustrated about the blue thing (I've wanted a blue like this all along. I've bought two new 5thgens since early 2010, both would have been a color like this if available).
Keep in mind, however, that GM probably has some kind of contract with Mattel that might keep this particular blue (Kinetic Blue Metallic) exclusive to the Hot Wheels edition.

That being said, I don't understand why they won't, and haven't, made one just like this available.

F-bod Father (Sp?) Said in an older thread (I don't have time to look it up right now) that medium blues don't usually sell well, and that's why they don't offer one. From what I gather, GM keeps using ABM as the excuse for the Camaro, saying that not enough people wanted that color to justify the expense of having it. Of course, they didn't even give it a chance in my opinion, but even if they did, a lot of people don't like the AQUA in Aqua Blue Metallic and would rather have BLUE Blue Metallic. (BBM? heh...)

Maybe next year?
I too would assume there's an agreement with Mattel to use this color only on the Hot Wheels car, and that's a shame. But I also agree with your second assessment - that the aqua portion of ABM was its downfall. I like ABM from its more "blue angles" but don't at all like the green-ish tint it has from others. Unfortunately, I know what's going to happen...I'm going to order an IOM 1LE here in a couple of months and then a blue will come out next Fall....typical.

2017 Camaro ZL1
2002 Camaro SS 35th LE - Sold
1987 Monte Carlo SS
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote