Thread: Amp harness?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinshawnm View Post
No sir I used the Fark harness before i switched to the MS-8, you'll only lose the tweeters on the BA 6X9's And i said to retain your center channel you will need a 1ch amp.
Right - but in order to connect to the center channel, you will have to splice into the factory wiring. The FARK kit does not have connections for the center channel. And technically, you don't "need" a 1 channel amp, you could always bridge the fronts with a resistor or LPAD, as in this article. Best bet - if you really want a center channel - would be something like an AudioControl LC6i that could give you a summed channel with level control and a small amp.

Also, how you like that MS-8? I have been considering something like that or the IMPRINT. Do you have the MS-8 powering your speakers, or only providing EQ/time alignment functions?
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote