View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #9
Arkangel-77

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Normal don't sweat it, if it gets worse look to ditch the AFM lifters and do a DOD delete IMO the best for it anyway...requires new regular lifters all around new head gaskets, new lifter baskets, and might as well change out the cam with the miles on it...if your looking for reliable higher lifts require more often spring changes so the ASA cam is about the most radical for not having to worry so much about springs if you should upgrade..and the ls3 type chain dampener is garbage if you in there a dog bone is smarter...if your stock ones still in one piece.... then theres new pushrods etc...…. just some thoughts. AFM is garbage made to comply with stupid regulations....you wont see it anywhere else really other than the GM and maybe one other makers use as its problematic …….. I studied it thoroughly when I owned a l99.... Back when MAST was the only one making VVT cams for the aftermarket application...….. And BTW you would freak if you heard my tight lash preload on my stroker with headers and no engine cover ….LOL typewriter...….

I am not overly stressing over it. But as it will only cost me $100 to have it fixed. I do Think I will try to get it done. Unless they throw me a curve ball of some sort...