Thread: Midnight
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #23
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Will do. They did a VERY good job fixing the bent sheet metal. But the original waistline crease is no longer sharp, and the lower "indent" doesn't quite line up with the body's. That's why I'll probably get new sheet metal.

Other issues:
Inner door panel is 1/4 inch too far forward, so the back lip of the rubber at top of door doesn't fit under panel lip.
Door striker/latch off about 1/16 inch. Door fully closed is open about the width of the sheet metal.
Window slightly out of alignment, so the "lower window/raise window" message comes on every time I start the car. Probably only 1 degree or so, but when the window is open a fraction, you can see it doesn't line up with the frame perfect.
The tweeter housing is slightly out of alignment(1/8 inch). I thought that just popped in, so hopefully aligning the door panel with fix that automatically.

Sounds like a lot, but they're all so minor a "normal" person would probably not care. But this is my pride and joy. The car I have wanted since I was 10 and saw "Smokey and the Bandit." So I'm annal and Picky as hell. But I wasn't a jerk about it. Never pays to be rude to people who are working on your stuff. I simply pointed out the issue, showed how the other side looked, and let the adjuster make the notes. She was very helpful and was very willing to just have me call her when I was bringing the car back so she could set up a rental and coordinate the next round of repairs.

Not happy it has to go back, but VERY happy how willing they are to make it right.
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote