View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #38
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post

Not trying to get into a pissing match as I too also own a FI V6, but at the end of the day the V8 will make more HP than a V6, in the end. X/Y/Z diagrams can show exactly where the equallibrium point is and how much it will cost. I think the numbers I have posted and you have posted pretty much show that a person will spend $23K on top of a base LS to get where you are at...532RWHP ish. But how reliable is that number going to be?? Most V6 people getting above 440RWHP ish are melting pistons, blowing gaskets among other things.

My hat is truly off to you! I hope you find solutions to you limitations and are able to reach the 600HP mark whether it be at the crank or the wheels! Simply just trying to help out a 20 year old kid that got some sort of inheritance to invest his money, if he decides to go down the modding path to get the most out of his money and be reliable.
Really not that the pistons or the gaskets can't handle the power. It's the tuning/fuel issues causing these problems. For me to get the tune needed to get my power I sacrificed 2 pistons. If the tuning and fuel weren't a problem who knows what they could actually handle. I want to replace my pistons with OEM ones again and run my Meth kit as I did the last dyno run on 93. The meth kit worked great when I was first pushing 11-12psi's, kept my engine from leaning out and exploding lol. A progressive meth kit works wonders when programed properly when running out of fuel. I will also be running Torco to make race fuel while also reducing knock hopefully. The LLT could of been great if GM didn't screw us with this ECU.