View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
dentnshell

Drives: Black 2014 2SS
This would have been awesome two weeks ago! I just completed my swap this past weekend.

I will add that I went ahead and purchased
Two differential Rear Axle seals... Might as well do it just in case. P/N 20964013
I also needed to retainer clips for the aluminum plugs that you use to plug the differential coolant lines... The plugs just push in and should have wire spring retainer clips to hold them in place... mine did not. I used two "C" clips from the auto parts store, not perfect but it works.

Just about every bolt on this swap is supposedly a torque to yield. Do you own research and make your own decision on that, for me I simply used loctite on several of them.

If you replace the seals you will want a seal driver. I used a 1/4 socket extension and a hammer. I took my time, but still am nervous about a future leak. The instructions mention using an tool to install and remove the axles... Just be careful as you guide them in and out you should be fine.
Mods: LSA Conversion 2.5" Upper Pulley, 65# injectors, GPI SS1 Cam, SP Long Tubes, ADM Race Scoop & CAI, NPP exhaust (DIY control), BMR 1" lowering springs, ZL1 Rear Differential / Axles, CF Side Strip / Hood Spear, Tint - Windows / Tails / Sidemarkers, Splash Guards, ADM Boost Gauge, ABL Dashkit, '68 Script Badges, ACS T4 Splitter, ZL1 Rockers from Gary's, Z28 Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent, Summer - MRR FS01 Satin Black (10" Front 11" Rear) Winter, pictured-Drag DR 64's Satin Black (9" Front-10" Rear.)
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote