View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #174
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
A road game, late at night to open the season with several starters out, is not the way you want to start. Historically, we haven't done well in night games on the road and our opening game is often shaky at best. In the first half the offense trying to find some rhythm. Special teams needs serious work. The defense gave up two big plays but ZERO points. That Jeffry RB for the Miners was better than advertised and coach Price had his team ready to play.

On the bright side, Landry didn't throw an interception. Nobody got hurt. The yards gained were fairly balanced (222 through the air and 205 on the ground). Defense didn't give up any points. The receivers showed promise. Most importantly we walked out of El Paso with a 24-7 win.
I'll agree to agree on most of that.

I just get sick of OU being the team that underachieves and over excuses.

Right now their offensive line can't seem to move anyone out of the way. If the stats are to be an indicator then the secondary played well OR the D-Line put some quick pressure on the QB. Minus the two 68+ yard runs allowed the D played great all the way around.

So I do know what possitives are there.

I just know that the other legit contenders don't have to always make excuses. They just go out and take care of business. It doesn't effect Bama, LSU, etc..... to play a night game to open a season and other random hurdles. They take the field whenever and wherever and play.