View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #6
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
Ok, before anything else -- Just checked again today

1) The Coolant is still at 3/4's below the MIN on the Coolant stick (Cool).

2) Haven't driven my Car since I posted about the Heat issue 2 days ago (SO maybe that rules out a possible leak? Seeing as the coolant is still the 3/4's below MIN)

3) My car is @ 53679 miles (I've done regular oil changes, maintained it as good as possible; doing the coolant change/flush for example - Shldve done it at 3-4 year mark..)

4) I remember when it was on Summer Days my fans would turn on at around 220's degrees F. Now the fans turn/ed on when the car was over 235 degrees F.

5) I still don't understand Kelly's method; could someone direct as to which picture it is in / what hose/line?

** IF you can fill in the answers in between questions; that'd be great **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
If you get convinced you have filled it completely and still have an issue, add sticky thermostat to the list.

Bad water pump is low on the list. Water pumps show in worn bearings and leaky seals, but still keep pumping water.

You just flushed the radiator, so it's not likely a problem.

You mentioned the fans came on, so doesn't seem likely to be an issue either.

Not the overheating problem, but just me, 6-7 year old car, I might change all the hoses, thermostat, and maybe water pump pre-emptively depending on mileage. For a high mileage engine, belts and idlers & tension pulleys too, while you're under the hood. Nobody seems to remember the idlers and tensioners. They have sealed bearings and wear out like anything else. One of my past trucks had an LS engine that made 225,000 with me and the idlers were worn out by 135,000 miles.
--- Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply.

--- 1) So maybe sticky thermostat (If releasing all air, and still continues; check).

--- 2) I'm at 53679 miles (Should probably do all the hoses, thermo and water pump probably before 60k?
And if thermo is bad, ASAP?)

--- 3) I was thinking of changing out the serpentine belt eventually possibly before 60k as well; Idlers, tensioner pulleys I'll look into it or have it inspected; but I think mine is in good condition still [If not; replace by/before 60k as well]?

--- 4) I think the fans used to come on a lot sooner than the 235+; is there something that was possibly changed ( I had my car taken to the dealership about a year ago because of MAFS; not sure if it was tuned or something??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Completely agree - temp rising super fast like that is likely an air pocket. I haven't used Kelly's method for bleeding, but you can give that a try. Alternatively, I run the engine with the cap off as it's coming up to temp from cold and that usually gets the air out fine.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, as well.

--------- Now what do I do?:

1) Kelly's Method **If you can please describe which hose to pull from the pics;
I took pics of all the radiator points**

2) acammer's Method **From Cold Start --> to Getting Temps up to ( ?? ) with no Cap on**

3) Pray to baby jesus?

Thank you all so much for your time and helping me figure this out; I appreciate you.
William.23 is offline   Reply With Quote