Thread: Maggie 2650?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 03:36 PM   #101
Vanishing Point

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, LSX, 4L80E
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390ciSCed View Post
It was a very well built 4L60E with a 3,200 Vigilante stall.....had this tranny since back in 2000 when FLT built it for me. Since then, just basic rebuilds every 4-5 years.

The 4L80E is a beast.....built for well over 1,000 RWHP. Its basically a Jakes Level 4......

Heavier does not always mean it'll slow it down.....I think it'll be faster.
Yeah, so you’re not going from stock to a forged 4L80E, like I did (Jake’s Stage 5) and many others do. You’re going from one “built” transmission to another slightly larger “built” transmission. Of course there won’t be as big of a difference in your swap as there would be in someone swapping out a stock transmission. You’ve already given some of it up getting from stock to your current 4L60E. And of course one built transmission can be more efficiently built than another built transmission, so not sure even if it gets faster that you’re proving anything but FLT built a less efficient transmission than Jake’s does. You’re results will say nothing about stock swaps.

Devil’s always in those unstated details....

I on the other hand swapped from my stock tranny to my Stage 5 and had about a 50hp documented loss in power to the rear wheels. Maybe because that’s even stronger and heavier than a “basically” Jake’s level 4, but pretty sure they (built 4L80E) would all be a net loss from stock. On that I’d put money.

Last edited by Vanishing Point; 07-03-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote