View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #471
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Well I must admit I am impressed. But you know what I'll be more impressed at? When mine rolls off the assembly line in that little town in Canada!!!
Cars are meant to be bested and surpassed. Just remember that first Camaro from the '60s. If you had held on to it and kept it up, it would be worth more than when you bought for, not to mention the pride of ownership.
They will always come up with new and better cars. I mean a V6 that generates 312HP? Come on, back in the 60's and 70's that was unheard of! When you talked about a V6 you were talking about a Corvair. I think it generated 143HP if I remember right.
I think I will be happy with mine for a long time! And when it is paid off I may think about the new Camaro!

Troy Lawson
Great point. I really, really, really want a V-8 and I'm saving for an SS, but I think by the time I have the money to get one the V-6's will be pushing 400 HP! When I finally make that long awaited trip to the dealership I will have to fight off a great temptation to drive the V-6 as I plan on ordering an SS without ever having sat in one.