View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 02:49 PM   #32
rmacgowan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS
2010 SS with Reduced Power message on DIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
Today as I was sitting at a red light and the light turned green I took off and all of my dash lights came on(reduced engine power, stabilitrac and all other lights). My oil pressure gauge did not have a reading. I pull over and turn my car off. Let us sit for a few minutes and crank it back up. All lights gone except check engine light. Oil pressure was reading correctly again. Took off and within 1 minute it said reduced engine power again but the oil pressure read correct. I have a 2010 SS with the LS3. It has the list of mods in my signature. Haven’t taken it to get the codes read yet as I am waiting on the performance shop to call me back that built it less than two months ago. Any ideas on what could cause it.
We have a 2010 SS that has the same message on the DIC. The PCV valve failed causing the engine to flood with oil where it wasn't supposed to be. That was just part of the problem. We also have a 5-volt reference to ground on the oil pressure switch. Now... the switch has been replaced, but the message still shows on the DIC after a few miles. The oil pressure switch was disconnected and the problem went away. There seems to be a short to ground on the oil pressure switch. Now to find someone who won't charge an arm and a leg to fix it. Good luck!
rmacgowan is offline   Reply With Quote