View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #26
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post

Yep, I had it until they added those 2 shop cars that did not belong in the class (LMR and IPS)that did not even participate in Qualifying. It screwed not only me but everyone that did participate in Qualifying.

You are completely right to be upset about this.
The biggest points of how wrong this was and how bad it ruined the race are:
1. Those cars did not belong in an amateur, trophy only class. If you have a full paid race team, advertisement all over the car and can’t even drive your own car and have to hire a professional driver to complete in an amateur class. That itself is pitifully wrong. And I hope they feel a real accomplishment with the $10 trophy they practically paid for.

2. Those cars did not even participate in Qualifying, and if they they would have, they would have been the fastest qualifiers. That would of adjusted the ladder In a position that would of had me as third place qualifier running against the 7th place qualifier instead of running against an almost 8 second car that did not even participate in qualifying. This affected not only me but The Barron got beat up over this too.

3. If they had qualified and the ladder was put together properly The Barron and I would have had a chance to make to either semi-finals or finals. There is also the chance that those two could not avoid running against each other, and would open a spot for a legitimate (street)car to make it to finals.

4. Politics have no place in drag racing in my opinion.

Other than the completely screwed up drag race which was bull, I had a great time during the event, but now wish I did not even participate in the drag race at all. I have never seen anyone get away with this at any other racing event. If you did not properly qualify you should not be allowed in the class.
Lets not forget that they called everyone to staging and the IPS car and the lmr car both stayed at the trailer for 30+ minutes cooling down while everyone was else was ready to go. The track announcer was going bullshit.

The lmr car shouldn't have been allowed on the track. Just a quick look showed countless tech problems:

1: It went 9.1 at 155. Had a 6 point cage and no chute.

2. Driver, not the owner, was racing in a t shirt.

3. No crotch belt.

4. Battery sitting on the floor of the passenger side. Just sitting there.