View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
TexasSpeed underdrive pulley dyno results..

After installing the Texas Speed 25% underdrive pulley kit a couple weeks ago, I decided to see if it would make a difference on the dyno and I was really pleased with the results. I went out this morning to my tuner Thomas at Precision Dyno near Charlotte. Atmospheric conditions in the shop were nearly identical to the early morning run back in September. Our base was 450.4 RWHP and 422.5 RWTQ. We did no tuning, just dyno runs. Now overall, we didn't gain much on peak HP and TQ with 451.7 RWHP and 423.9 RWTQ (modest ~1.5 gain each), but we did a number of passes and were really impressed with the consistent gains in the low and mid-range. In this range as shown on the graph, there is about an average 8 hp and 8-10 tq gain and this was consistent in all the runs. The dyno graph attached was our best run. The low end was even more impressive with a peak gain of around 15 hp and nearly 30 tq! Money well spent and I'm happy
Attached Images

VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote