Thread: LS9 vs LSA
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #10
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
The LSA uses hypereutectic pistons while the LS9 uses forged pistons. Also the connecting rods in the LSA are powdered metal while in the LS9, they are forged titanium. The valve train in the LS9 is also a lot better. Basically, the LS9 is built to take a shit load of abuse with all its forged internals. Not to mention the LSA has a super tiny .480 lift cam while the LS9's cam is .561 I believe. There's many differences between the two. The LS9 is without a doubt, the better engine
I wouldn't go as far as saying the LS9 is BETTER than the LSA. More powerful yes, but better I don't think so. Each engine, for their power rating, is just as reliable and the LSA is even a tad more efficient. So it really depends what your definition of better is. If better to you is more powerful then yes LS9 is better than LSA, but the LSA is still a damn good engine.
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote