View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #29
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon8 View Post
What would/should I use for the water pump. Sorry for all the questions.
Fastest camaro in OKC
Water to Air Intercooler Bosch Cobra Pump.

This water/air intercooler pump is designed for circulating water in water/air intercoolers. This pump is designed by Bosch and Ford specifically for water/air applications. This pump is Bosch part number 0 392 022 002 and is used in many of the supercharged Mustang Cobras and supercharged Mercedes. As well as after market Super Charger Kits, it can be found on line for around $120. There is also the high end Meziere for all out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
John Lee @ Atlanta Performance and Fabrication did the install for my 2.8 KB.
On our first test, we heat soaked the car in stop and go traffic for about 20 minutes, the IAT's were around 150 and the water temp was 120. After about four minutes with it running, we saw the IAT's drop down to 109 and the water temps dropped down to 57!! I could tell with the seat of the pants meter that the car had a much better response with the chilled water in 85 degree ambient temps. It's a good system for helping the IAT's stay close to ambient on "HOT" days!
Thanks for the feed back and SUPORT! Satisfaction is the most important thing.
Also thanks to Atlanta Performance for the recommendations that resulted in additional sales. When you can satisfy the professional in the field trying to make $ on a new install and performance is satisfactory to a point that they recommend us that says it all.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote