View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #1562
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
We did one better. we put chassis ears on it and still couldn't find it.

Those ears were pretty loud on the rear right end link. Problem? We took the darn thing apart. Can't make noise if the think has been taken apart.

I will put it in 1st and let it idle forward and while rolling forward, I take it out of first and put it in reverse. I give it a tiny bit of gas (just enough to keep it from stalling) and the car will slow, stop, and then go in reverse. When it does this, you hear the "re-positioning" of something metallic in the rear axle areas. While rolling back, you put it back in 1st and roll forward EASY on the gas. NEVER do I get on the brake. Just back and forth...back and forth...PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK....You know what? I think I'm going to try to record it just so the others can see/hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
This may be stuck under one of the spring perches...take a look:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Random thought,since mine us doing something similar and I think I found the culprit...

Checked you rear speakers? 99% sure that is where my "clink" is coming from.

Worth a check.

Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.
Would be nice if it were that easy, but nope. This is an obvious problem at the rear axle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
As dumb as this sounds, check your LCA for a stray pebble. I had one caught in mine that couldn't find it's own way out.
Nada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I heard that after-market tie rods can cause a plinking sound... Did you install any o' dose?
Negatory.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote