View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #1563
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Those ears were pretty loud on the rear right end link. Problem? We took the darn thing apart. Can't make noise if the think has been taken apart.

I will put it in 1st and let it idle forward and while rolling forward, I take it out of first and put it in reverse. I give it a tiny bit of gas (just enough to keep it from stalling) and the car will slow, stop, and then go in reverse. When it does this, you hear the "re-positioning" of something metallic in the rear axle areas. While rolling back, you put it back in 1st and roll forward EASY on the gas. NEVER do I get on the brake. Just back and forth...back and forth...PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK....You know what? I think I'm going to try to record it just so the others can see/hear.

Would be nice if it were that easy, but nope. This is an obvious problem at the rear axle.

Nada.

Negatory.
Doug, I know it doesn't make sense with the timing of the plinko/spring install... but... have you taken a good look at the u-joint of the driveshaft... near the carrier bearing... It's possible a bearing is bad in one of the caps and this is what your hearing... Just food for thought...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote