View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #24
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
My buddy has a 2015 ss with a Procharger P1sc, stage 2 cooler, E85 ID1300x, zl1 pump and bap with a cam and full exhaust. 10psi. He made 651 on the same dyno as me. His IAT's with e85 are 137degrees.

The hottest Ive ever seen was in july on some back to back runs, was 120, but usually around 100 degrees on most runs. this is on just 93.

I dont disagree with you, e85 is better. But all my logs show my demanded fp and actual fp are the same, and inj dc is only 56% at max. if my iats are cool, and theres no KR, then...
Engines do typically run cooler on E85, but E85 does not "reduce" IAT's. This would be a function of the intercooler or meth if you have it, but could be several other variable as to why you buddies car runs hotter.

The concern with running pump gas and high boost is engine knock. As you may already know, E85 has a functional equivalent octane level to 109 fuel. This is protecting your engine from detonation.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote