View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #100
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Agreed. Everyone here is going berserk about the details left off by the reporter. Granted, we know that most media is completely distorted these days and we should not trust much of what they opine when they start throwing in adjectives like "Radical" and "Controversial" when they talk about certain things. They lie often through omission or commission, so take some things with a grain of salt.

That being said, the offending point of the article is not if there was a serious defect or not or what the defect even is. Who cares? That's not the sticking point. The problem is that GM said "Oh that is not OUR problem. You need to sue the OLD company!"

Their slimy excuse for not doing the repairs is what people are taking issue with.

I think I would have been more satisfied if they had simply said "This problem is not serious and not life threatening. We do not feel we are obligated to fix this minor issue."

Instead we get a weasle words response. "Old GM's fault!!!'

THAT is why people are upset.
Agreed I posted my message above this without reading your response. What I'd like to know is how many owners are actively involved. I'm pretty sure once this story gets out, owners of affected impala's would realize they are going thru tires much more rapidly than they should and jump aboard. GM's PR team needs to jump into gear before this gets out of control, which it can once it hits one of the major news stations or 60 minutes. If this is ignored, it could disappear, however why take that risk if you are GM.