View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #250
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Hey guys

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents on the J pipes. Even though mine is a LS3 I found the 29-29.5" pipe length works perfectly for the 1550-2000 rpm drone. I have a little bit in the 1250-1500 range but is mellow, sounds like drone but maybe just low speed monotone exhaust sound, but is no big deal.These work, as I have flowmaster Outlaw mufflers which are a tuned muffler delete so if it works for these it will help anything!

I installed a resonated x pipe first as I did on my v6 with shortys and mrtv2/s but it helped only a bit with these loud mufflers. I have durakool insulation in the trunk, 2 layers, one glued the other in the shape of the carpet and is removeable, and helped only a bit around town but none at freeway speeds so dont waste time with insulation with loud setup other then for speakers. The J pipes killed it all so dont waste time and money experimenting like I did!

to all thinking about them just have a muffler shop due it.I used 2.25" pipe as I have the 2.5" piping on the car.Gave them pics of Solos and others and let him do the rest. He even made them adjustable with band clamps and a 2.5" dia x6" long end cap. All told $150 for everything.
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote