View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #10
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-ER View Post
I don't know how dark the fluid was, but 10K mile fluid should still be very red. Excessive heat can make it dark, especially if there was a decent amount of clutch slippage.

For the most part, how the transmissions shift is all controlled by the valve body and ECU/TCU. Especially if all gears are being affected in the same manner. I've rebuilt a few trannies and worn clutches, pistons, bushings, etc. don't do what you are describing. Worn bushings will cause low pressure and lots of slippage, but too much pressure (and harsh shifts) are generally a VB problem. Take the VB off and open it up. It may be clogged with debris and just may need some cleaning. If it DOES have debris though, it came from somewhere; so one way or another, you are on borrowed time.

I would say the fluid was darker than normal. More than it should be at 10k miles, but as mentioned, it didn't really bother my tuner.

Haha, whatever is going on, I'm having slippage and hard shifts all the same time. And I'm not even sure you would call it slippage. It's more of revving out then slamming into the gear. It just feels like slippage because it's not shifting at the normal shift points. Even at start up, when I put it in reverse, it clangs into reverse. There are basically no smooth shift points anymore. It's all hard shifts.

When we put the Pro Charger on, I had over rev on the 1st and 2nd gear. We tuned that down a bit, but it was still there, just not as bad. But now, holy crap it's bad. haha.

It's like this. 1st gear, roll out. Hit the paddles into 2nd. It doesn't engage right away, it revs out, the bam, slams into 2nd. It does that same shit all the way to 5th. In auto mode it's even worse. Revs way out, then bam, slams into gear.