View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #28
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
I actually think 5th gens in general have come up in value a little if you can believe it. 2 years ago I had a 2010 Aqua Blue SS with 13k miles and perfect condition but wanted a C7 Corvette. I desperately tried selling the car myself and couldn't get an offer above 18,500 for it. I traded it in and bought the vette. 2 Years later I decided I'm not a vette guy, so I sold my C7 and decided to get back into a 5th gen camaro. I looked for months for another low mile ABM (There's a want ad here I posted, along with my own nationwide search) and came up with nothing but a few modded cars that have asking prices of 25K or more. That's well over 5k more than what they were selling for 2 years ago, and now with twice the miles.

My theory for this is that at the time, the 6th gen Camaro was just coming out, and I think that's why 5th gen values were so low. After they were out for a year or so people realized they weren't worth twice the price of what they could get a nice 5th gen for, so people didn't trade their old Camaros for new ones, and many who were shopping for their first Camaro ended up buying a nice used 5th gen instead of a new 6th gen that was close to 50k. I think the 6th gen Camaro has actually kept the values of 5th gens UP rather than hurting their value.