View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 03:54 PM   #1008
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
If the only way they can get really strong sales is by putting cash on the hood..that's a bad sign.

I remember when the 5th Gen came out..people were gobbling them up at MSRP, or even MSRP+..sometimes 10,000 a month, with many at MSRP.

The fact is that the Gen 6 got more expensive and the market is saturated with Camaro..same with the Mustang and Challenger. The difference is you can reliably get below MSRP with the Mustang (X-plan) and FCA usually has pretty good promos on the Challenger.

FYI - Feedback below. Camaro leads retail sales and average transaction price by a significant margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Are you talking personnel or are you talking targets and objectives? Personnel has not changed that I can tell. Chief Engineer, Asst. Chief Engineer, Program Manager, Marketing Directors and Managers, Product Development Leadership, are all the same. Not totally certain about Design. I’m pretty sure that John Mack has been involved at some level all along but I can’t recall if his role is the same as it was for Gen 6 V1.

If it is in terms of strategic focus, maybe. I don’t know. Been gone a year. But what I can say without getting in trouble (I hope) is that when I was still there “leadership” was pretty much defined as having the best performing car in the segment delivered profitably. Winning the sales crown would be great, but secondary. And within that, retail sales where the eventual owner chooses the car over competitors was deemed more important than fleet sales. I am not aware of that changing with this refresh, but to significantly change that approach would probably require fundamental changes in the car that could only be delivered through a Program Major. It will be interesting to see if the approach is still the same for Gen 7.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote