View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #32
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Adam, and others who shared their feelings, thank you. I appreciate you letting us know how you feel and will consider your feelings in the future.

Long caravans can work, but as we figured out this time, they do not work as well for long distances. What i learned was, if the caravan is going to be that large, it should be broken into smaller groups and brought together at a meeting place close to the destination for arrival. For those who felt that they are disasters waiting to happen, you also learned about your comfort zone. In the future i am sure you will make decision based on your experiences.

I am very proud of my group, from the beginner to the expert, we all came together to do something difficult and trying for the sake of togetherness. Mission accomplished.

Fyi, the speeds in the front were below posted speeds 95 percent of the drive. As you stated, reaction time became very dangerous the closer we got. Also, fyi, no one at the front of the caravan got pulled since as we went through Indy the leader never broke 50 mph. Not taking your post personal, but i was there the whole weekend, and never received feedback face to face from you until now. I would have shared my learned lessons then.

Thanks again for the thread.

I believe the biggest problem was, a car would cut in, someone would fall behind and speed up to catch back up. As the gap got bigger, the speeds got greater. I was one of the last cars and I remember doing some speeds I've never done just to keep up. Overall Edog, you did a great job. Nothing wrong on your part. That was my first time driving in a group that large but I guess that's part of the fun of the Fest!