View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #6
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You have Muffler Delete, first thing / cheapest option would be to see if you can find the stock exhaust for sale on the forums here. People are always trading out their exhausts here, stock exhausts are easy to come by.

Second thing would be a Borla S type is relatively cheap + it's the quietest exhaust they have.

Also...
(f) The discharge into the open air of the exhaust of any stationary steam engine, stationary internal combustion engine, or motor boat engine, except through a muffler or other device which will effectively and efficiently prevent loud noises.
(g) The discharge into the open air of the exhaust from any motor vehicle except through a muffler, or other device, which will effectively and efficiently prevent loud and raucous noises.

http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/dallas.htm

Texas has no decibel laws, if you're doing it to be a nice neighbor and not wake the newborn that's totally fine. However if you're concerned that your cop neighbors will flex their badge at you, they can't say anything for starting your car up and taking off. (Unless you sit there like a jack*** and rev your car in the middle of the street).

My neighbor across the street is an LEO, my car is probably in the top 10% for being loud here on the forums, I have zero issues with him or anyone else in my HOA neighborhood.
Yea I'm doing it just be nice about it and not cause any future issues if any.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote