View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #282
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
FINALLY!!! I finally got around to installing my long awaited Hines Hex Vents! I must say these vents are of excellent quality and look great! It wasn't the easiest mod for me though, I had a hard time with the cutouts but managed after a trip to Valu to get the right saw blade for my jig saw. Then I didn't have the proper side cut tin snips so I butchered the under side trims. Luckily it's all covered up once you install the liner! I painted the splash pans and screws with matte black engine enamel.

The long delay was in part my own fault because of lack of work space I had to wait till I could pull the car out into the driveway to make room to work on the hood on the saw horses. Then the (insert expletives here) took over 4 weeks to finish painting the grill pieces to match the RJT. I picked them up last week and he didn't clear coat the bottoms and he finished 1 of them on the wrong side anyway. Then he messed up the clear on one, then he still had the wrong side done! It took him 4 tries to get it right! I could have, and should have done them myself but it was cold and I was lazy!

Anyway, after all that I think they came out perfect! Here's some pics (I'll post better full car shots once the weather gets better again).
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote