Thread: Are YOU ready ?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #13
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Step 1—STRIP THE OLD WAX
Wash the car, going top to bottom, with Dawn UltraŽ liquid detergent.
Thoroughly rinse the car with a pressurized hose and spray nozzle. Make sure all detergent soap is gone. Leave Dawn in the kitchen since you'll never use it again on your car.
Dry completely using only clean, soft, absorbent towels.

Step 2—REMOVE CONTAMINANTS AND PREPARE THE SURFACE
Feel all paint surfaces. They should be glassy smooth. Contaminated rough areas are quickly minimized using Zaino Z-18 Claybar™ and a soap and water lubricant. Re-wash and dry the treated areas.
Look for hazy paint, swirl marks or fine scratches. Imperfections are reduced using Zaino's Z-PC Fusion™ paint cleaner and swirl remover.
Add a light coat of Z-AIO™ to all paint as the foundation and bonding agent. Remove with clean, soft towels.

Step 3—APPLY AND REMOVE ZAINO POLISH*
CHOOSE THE RIGHT ZAINO POLISH FOR YOUR VEHICLE'S PAINT
Z-2 PRO™ Show Car Polish is for paint with a clear coat finish—virtually all modern cars.
Z-3™ Show Car Polish is for paint without a clear coat—vintage cars, special aftermarket paint, etc.
Z-5 PRO™ Show Car Polish is just like Z-2, but helps hide swirls and micro scratches in dark color paint.
Spray a little Z-6 Gloss Enhancer™ on your Zaino Polish Applicator. Apply Zaino polish to the paint. Use up/down motions on vertical surfaces, and front/rear (front to back of car) motions on horizontal.
Allow the polish to dry and chemically bond on the entire car for at least fifteen minutes. To test for dry, wipe an area with a finger. Dry polish is slightly powdery and comes off with one stroke, revealing clear dry paint underneath. Low temperature or high humidity can increase drying time up to two to three hours. Remove the dried polish using high quality towels.
When all polish is removed, spray a light coat of Z-6 Gloss Enhancer. Immediately buff dry.

Now you can substitute your own brand of products ,as the process is pretty much the same no matter what brand . out of all the polishes and waxes i have ever used , i really do recommend the Zaino. It has given me the best results, i was like other people at one time " wax is wax" until i used that . using the ZFX quick curing addtive in the polish with Z-6 in between coats is grweat for the first time.You can do 3 coats in one session .So polish then gloss enhance 3 times or two times with the Z-6 and after the 3rd coat of polish you can use the sealer.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote