View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
thasleeper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS\ CYBER GREY
Installed Hurst Short Throw-Now need help!!!

My Hurst Shifter Review
I feel your pain Nassel. I installed my Hurst short throw and it was more difficult then I thought. I have recommendations and also have a problem. I would like to say that undercarraige where the shifter sits under the car is very difficult to get to. If it was'nt from the exhaust pipes, axle and heating shield it would not be difficult.:(
So first recommendations, When removing the clips on the shifter, I used needle nose pliers. It works great. That way there is no losing the clips.
Secondly, on the extension. I thought the longer the better. I brought a 10". I was meeting at the same spot as the exhaust. Returned to store and picked up an 8" extension and it worked perfect. It fitted between the heating shield and exhaust.
Third, the boot covering base of shifter is easy to remove. But, returning is a son of a gun. So, when your finished take a tea break before returning the cover. It was the most difficult. It has to sit perfectly in-line.
Those where my recommendation to basic level installers.

Now the problem.
I'm very embarrased to tell. Well here we go. While removing one of the bolts that hold the shifter, I broke off the head of the bolt. I did this by initially turning the bolt the wrong way. Again, I'm very embarrassed. Now, I currently have one bolt holding the base of the shifter. What will have to do to fix this? I need !!!!!!!!
thasleeper is offline   Reply With Quote