Thread: Gas Guzzler Tax
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Roflmao
Insane Assylum Escapee

Drives: 1998 Camry
Gas Guzzler Tax

Well, I was going to ask this in the LS3 engine speculation thread, but that seems to be in a heated debate so I'll make my own thread to not draw that off topic.

Does anyone have any information for the gas guzzler tax? All I can seem to find is things from the 70s, but a friend of mine who works at a Jaguar/Porsche/Aston Martin dealership was mentioning that the high end 6.2 liter engines in the Aston Martins had to deal with gas guzzler taxes. I talked to him a while ago, and I just haven't gotten around to talking to him again with both of our crazy schedules. Also figured it would be a good topic to bring up with the insane engines being hypothesized for the Camaro.

More or less I am just curious does anyone know how the gas guzzler tax is determined? Is it gas milage or engine size(because thats what he ensinuated to me)? Is it a one time thing or a yearly tax application? Do we even pay it or is that a dealer/manufacturer issue? Considering the tax itself is a few thousand dollars, its nice to be re-assured of money things.
Roflmao is offline   Reply With Quote