Old 09-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Hey - Joe!

You want to take the pics' from the Z28 Sticky and stick in here? There are a bunch that I didn't even post that I left a link for there too. I can do it if you like If you want to, I'll revise my thread and remove them so there's no redundancy.

I read that whole article now, and there's some stuff I don't recall before. Good info' right there.
Of course, can you PM me a link to the images, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
dont know if you want to add this attachment to your original post
Sure will!! I didn't add it originally, because most of that info was in the writeup, but there's some things in there that wasn't mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Hypereutectics are better now, I believe. They still aren't as good as forged slugs in the LS9, but they're better than the past.
As far as stock engines go...this thing is freaking Bulletproof. It outlived an LS9 with all it's titanium and forged whatsits by ~170 continuous hours of WOT testing. Personally, I don't ever plan to change the engine...maybe Headers, intake and a MILD tune to bump it to 600hp...and only so I can say "I have 600 hp", .

BUT, if you're into heavy modifications, then of course you have a greater concern. And so, if the LSA has a weakness for these people, it's going to be the pistons. If anybody out there with expertise in the field can comment, it would be greatly appreciated!!