View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #131
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
Thanx. I wanted something different that no one else had (goal was to make the entire car different from anything else out there). I blew the RPS clutch and put a Mcleod RXT in, I luv it feels stock holds the power good. RPS is a great clutch but a C5 was accidently installed in my Camaro and I blew it in a couple hundred miles. I installed the Mcleod myself to make sure it was done right.
I knew it; I hear a lot about the RPS ZR1 cluthes but I don't think they hold well for vehicles at higher TQ levels. Many folks are making high HP#'s but few are making the high TQ#, so of course that makes a huge difference.

Was there any specific reason why you went with McLeod vs Spec or RAM for example?

What type of power are you making, have you done any dyno runs yet?

And, heads; Those are LS7's, what brand did you go with?

Sorry, for all the questions but I'm also planning a stoked 427ci. LSX specifically for boost, expecting to have something similar but quite unique as well, so it's nice to see a "few" others doing something similar and see what was done, and why certain decisions were made.

Have to tell you man, your ride is sick dude, and you definately did something original that's for sure.

Loving the lumpy idle sound.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote