View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #14
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Absolutely my thoughts. Let the Mustang appeal to Grandma in her midlife crisis, or the mullets in the trailer parks because they are a dime a dozen and have almost zero actual refinement in them (or their idea of refinement is 400 different versions with different stickers and body kits). Just go fast and cheap. Let the Challenger attract the folks who want a cool looking car to dive on the weekends but definitely not actually drive it because it's so heavy and gas-hungry it's inpractical.

Like MotorTrend said in an issue a month or so ago (I know, there's plenty who hate MT) the Camaro will likely stick with it's history of "outperforming and underselling" it's rivals. I'm cool with that, as long as it doesn't undersell so much that GM takes a loss on it!
I'm not fine with the "under selling" issue... Back in the 70's the Camaro out sold the Mustang for a few years running and they still wanted to axe it then! i say make it appeal to everyone they can and watch it stick around for a while!
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote